Radiant Barrier Installation Services for Your Attic
One of your top considerations in owning a home is certainly comfort. Although temperature regulation is crucial for ensuring a comfortable interior atmosphere, buildings lacking attic insulation can absorb as much heat as they release. Radiant barrier installation services from South Atlanta Insulation Experts will keep your home safe from the heat and cold. Our radiant barriers are energy efficient and dependable, ensuring that your house is comfortable throughout the year.
Before getting radiant barrier installation, here are a few important things you should know:
- Radiant barriers work by transferring heat. Essentially, we will come out and install the radiant barrier in your attic to take the heat that hits it and transfer it in the appropriate manner. This means you get heat when you need it and can keep the heat out of your home when it matters most.
- You can get significant savings by installing a radiant barrier. Because of the transfer of heat, you can save a good amount of money on your utilities. You won’t have heat escaping your home in the winter, nor will you have too much heat in the summer, meaning your HVAC system won’t need to work as hard.
- Not all radiant barriers are the same. There are different types, thickness, and material that can make radiant barriers, and choosing the right one for your home means having an expert who can explain which options you have for your situation.
- You may hear myths regarding a radiant barrier and its impact on your roof if it’s made of shingles. There’s a common misconception that the heat exchange involving a radiant barrier causes damage to shingle roofs. This is false, though. We ensure that we install radiant barriers correctly to ensure the necessary venting that prevents your roof from heating up more than it should. As a result, your roof doesn’t take the damage that it normally would.
- Choosing the right team to help you is vital. You can try to install the radiant barrier alone, but if not installed correctly, you can experience further problems that would require repair. We know where to install radiant barrier, the tools necessary to get the job done right, and the most effective methods to do so while protecting your home.
Our team is here to help you understand what would work best for you so that you can make the right choices for your home. We’ll help you understand the differences so that you never have to worry about what’s to come, and you can have confidence in your choice. South Atlanta Insulation Experts has a strong understanding of the best radiant barriers that would work for you. We’ll be your guide throughout the process, installing it to perfection in your home.
Call us today to schedule a radiant barrier installation!
Radiant barriers prevent the sun’s heat from entering your home. Built from highly reflective components like aluminum foil, radiant barriers are intended to reflect rather than absorb heat. As such, they can aid in the reduction of radiant heat accumulation, which is especially crucial during the summer.
In the summer, as the sunlight hits the roof of your home or office, the temperature in your attic may rise to dangerous levels. The sun’s radiant heat will then pass through your roof and into your attic and ventilation ducts, forcing your air conditioner to work overtime and diminishing your indoor comfort.
Aside from keeping the indoor temperature in check throughout the summer months, radiant barriers can also help reduce ice buildup during the cold season. Radiant barriers help avoid ice dams, which are dangerous ice ridges caused by heat dissipation through your roof. They also help to trap heat in, saving you money on heating bills during the winter.
Did you know that when your home is exposed to the elements, it can significantly impact different elements of your home? Not only does it allow heat to enter your home or leave your home at the most inopportune times, it can cause your HVAC systems to work much harder than it needs to. As a result, you can experience higher bills for gas and electricity. You may also experience your system working much harder, which could lead to damages that you would need to repair.
Choosing a radiant barrier can help you over the long run so that you never worry about problems. It’s vital to protect your home, and radiant barrier is one way to do so while maximizing your comfort.
Give us a call today to find out more about our radiant barrier installation services or to set up a free assessment. Increase your energy savings while enhancing interior comfort with radiant barrier installation services from South Atlanta Insulation Experts.